This art project is perfect for a hands-on learning experience for students, as well as inspiring them to go beyond what they think they are capable of.
Once students complete their paper fortune teller, have them decorate it and fill it out with future tense phrases such as…
“You will get an A in art!” or “You will find great success in your school year.”
Download our printable worksheet and utilize these art project in your classroom!
1) Use a square piece of paper
2) Valley fold paper from corner to corner, making a triangle
3) Valley fold the triangle from corner to corner, making a smaller triangle
4) Unfold everything, you’ll be left with a “X” inner crease
5) Fold a corner to the center of the square (where the “X” crosses)
6) Repeat with the other three corners and you’ll end up with a smaller square
7) Flip your paper over
8) Fold a corner to the center of the square (where the “X” crosses)
9) Repeat with the other three corners and you end up with a smaller square
10) Fold and unfold the left edge of the square up to the top
11) Fold and unfold the left edge of the square over to the right
12) Slip your fingers through the flaps and push the four corners of the square to the center
Ready to try this in the classroom? We've got you covered with our worksheet!
Share us your finished Fortune Teller Origami Art!
Tag us on instagram @scooteducation!