It’s tough being suddenly thrown into the unfamiliar waters of virtual teaching when you were preparing lesson plans for the traditional classroom.
Don’t give in before you take a dive into the world of online learning! Online education isn’t new, so there are many tools that you can utilize to become an effective educator for your students.
Explore our list of online tools to find the ones that work best for you!
Tools to Create eLearning Interactions & Assessments
Surveys, polls, quizzes, and other assessment tools can help you ensure student learning during your course. Great options for getting started include:
- Easy Test Maker - Use this to create simple multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, true-or-false, or short answer test questions.
- Formsite - For more variety, try Formsite, which has over 100 customizable templates and 40 question types to create surveys, quizzes, and forms.
- Google Forms - This free tool allows you to create a survey with a simple online form with results directly organized into a spreadsheet.
- Pear Deck – Facilitates the design of engaging instructional content with various integration features right from Google Slides.
- SurveyMonkey - The world’s leading survey platform, with an easy-to-use interface.
Tools To Create eLearning Lesson Plans
Web based solutions can help provide the foundation for your online lessons and help your students to better understand material in a fun and engaging way.
- Thinglink – An award-winning education technology platform that allows you to create interactive images, videos and other multimedia resources. A free plan with limited features is available and worth checking out!
- Buncee – Supports the creation and sharing of visual representations of learning content, including media-rich lessons, reports, newsletters and presentations. You also give students the tools to creatively demonstrate their learning.
- Nearpod – Software to create lessons or upload existing pre-made, standards-aligned lessons with interactive assessments held through polls, collaborate boards, or game-based quizzes.
Animation & Video Tools for eLearning
Whether you need to animate steps for using a new software or want to use animations to make your custom eLearning course more powerful, free animation and video software is available. Some of our favorites include:
- Camtasia - Use their drag-and-drop video editing software to finish your videos, or add in special effects, music, or motion graphics.
- EdPuzzle – A video lesson creation software that enables you to easily record and upload your own video or seemlesly incorporate videos from Youtube, Khan Academy, Crash Course and more. You can also check if students are watching your videos, how many times they’re watching each section, and if they’re understanding the content.
- Kaltura – Video management and creation tools with integration options for various learning management systems. You can create interactive video paths and video quizzes.
- Squigl – Content creation platform that transforms speech or text into animated videos.
What resources are you using during COVID-19?
Shoot us a message on Instagram @scooteducation or email us your favorite resource at email@example.com! We'll share it on our social media with educators who might need extra help as they navigate being virtual teachers.