Let’s be honest teaching is an art, but a teacher of mathematics is an exceptional being.
It takes a special kind of person to help a student conquer their phobia for numbers. It’s because of stellar math educators that students tap into their greatness and find a love of the subject.
Mero’s make the world go round at Scoot Education. Do you have what it takes?
TEST YOUR MATH HERO TEACHING SKILLS
Now if you are really a MERO, you’ll solve the following questions with precision. Using a calculator won’t even cross your mind ;) Take the Mero test below and test your skills!
1) Write 0.64 as a fraction in reduced form.
2) Which of the following is an irrational number?
3) How much time will an old car take to cover a distance of 39 miles at a speed of 13 miles/hour? Express distance as a function of time.
a) 3hr, y=13x
b) 3hr, y=3x
c) 13hr, y=39x
d) 3hr, x=13y
4) Solve the systems of two equations: 2y = 8 and 15y= 2x – 4
a) X= 4, y= 32
b) X= 32, y= 4
c) X= 30, y= 4
d) X= 4, y= 4
5) A boat starts from a port and moves 12 miles north and then 5 miles east. What is the present distance of the boat from the port?
a) 17 miles
b) 7 miles
c) 13 miles
d) 15 miles
HOW’D YOU DO? ARE YOU A STELLAR MATH TEACHER?
Now my young MERO, how did you do? Let’s see if the answers you have chosen are correct…
Now that you have accomplished this feat, it’s time to use your super powers to educate mathletes all across Sunny California.
Math Teachers Apply Now
Schools are searching for math educators NOW for the 2018-2019 year. Start the process today to ensure you don't miss out.
We encourage you to shoot us an email email@example.com or pick up your phone and call (310) 477 -7707. We can't wait to talk to you!
At Scoot, we help math teachers like you get connected with schools across Los Angeles--and you only have to fill out one application. Working with Scoot is always $0 cost to you and our application process is always confidential.
As your consultants, we're here to support you and find you the right school community to call home.