- At least 2+ years of experience working with students with learning differences
- Master's degree in related field
- Experience developing learning plans for students with diagnosed learning differences
- Able to provide supportive, cognitive-behavioral, and other researched-based, short-term counseling in a one-on-one setting
- Ability to teach and support faculty to provide differentiated learning in the classroom through one-on-one meetings, department/divisional meetings, and professional development workshops
Salary Range: competitive with other private schools in Los Angeles
THE SCHOOL IS…
an independent, college-preparatory day school serving grades 6-12. The school prides itself on being able to provide financial aid to 70% of students and continues to grow a population that reflects the diversity of Los Angeles. Engaging with the community and taking advantage of being situated in the heart of Hollywood is among the unique aspects of this vibrant urban school.
This school aims to foster a safe space where the most talented students from all walks of life can receive an education of unrivaled quality, a space where their differences will often recede into the background as they engage in intellectual, artistic, and athletic pursuits—and a space, too, where they can address their differences on an equal footing, where they can contend with difficult questions in a common spirit, with generosity and with joy.
The school seeks educators who can provide direct care and program planning for the academic and emotional development of students so that they can thrive in an academically challenging environment.