Do you love implementing hands-on and project-based learning? Do you always challenge students at their highest level to reflect, question, communicate, create, and be accountable for their decisions? Do you believe your greatest responsibility is to prepare students for meaningful lives as empathetic, positive contributors in a complex and ever-changing world?
Then join a community of 400+ students and 100 faculty/staff who believe that the teaching and learning experience is rooted in relationships, and each child is valued, understood, and guided toward a life of learning!
The ideal educator will have the following:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience
- Undergraduate degree from a 4-year accredited institution in science, mathematics, or related field
- A solid understanding of adolescents’ academic and social emotional development
- Familiarity with authentic assessment practices and current technology
- A passion for working with middle school students
- A proven record of collaborative teamwork together with an understanding of interpersonal relations, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a healthy sense of humor
- Collaborate with Upper School Director, K-6 science teachers, and Upper School faculty to ensure the development and coordination of the 7th and 8th grade science curriculum.
- Serve as an advisor for students in grades 7 and 8.
- Take advantage of opportunities for science-related field trips.
Position Type: Full-time, long-term substitute