About the School:
One of our partner schools is searching for a full-time Associate Teacher to join their team fall 2019. This school has a powerful K-6 education that fuses rigorous academics with world culture and the arts. They are committed to brain research, child development, and the best pedagogical practices.
The faculty, staff, and administration collaborate to maintain healthy, respectful, and supportive relationships with students in a safe, joyful, and stimulating learning environment. Successful candidates should demonstrate a desire to support, work collaboratively with and be mentored by experienced educators. If you have a passion for the development of K-6 age students as individuals and learners, we want to hear from you!
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- They are eager to consider applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in independent school communities
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy