Scoot Education is seeking a Business Development Manager to take responsibility for building new relationships with large charter school networks and public school districts in greater Los Angeles plus the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our ideal candidate:
- Believes in a relationship driven and value-creation approach to business development
- Demonstrated previous experience in cultivating and building relationships with decision makers at charter school networks and/or public school districts
- Creates partners, not clients, by delivering on promises and promoting consultative relationships with schools and districts
- Doesn’t rest until partner schools have extracted us much value as possible from working with Scoot
- Always under promises and over delivers
- Is a team player who collaborates across an entire organization, including with many partner facing/service delivery team members
- Can think strategically about expansion areas, pace, and staffing supply versus demand
- Is a proven team trainer who invests in their staff to lead their team to greatness
- Reports to the United States CEO
- Role is based in Culver City, Los Angeles
- This is a leadership position within our organization with lots of open space for imagination, creativity, and initiative taking
- Team of one initially but team is expected to grow with direct reports in LA and SF
- Future opportunity to grow outside of California
- Compensation is salary plus bonus for hitting pre-agreed team goals
- Package includes health benefits, unlimited PTO, 401K
- Focus is on building new relationships with charter school networks and public school districts to help decision-makers buy-in into Scoot’s value proposition and finalize agreements before handing over to Education Consultants for service delivery
- Ongoing account management will be expected…obviously, right?
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Book Club--because we believe in being constant lifelong learners with growth mindsets
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs and more!
At Scoot Education, we place exceptional people in educational settings. We invest in teachers looking for substitute or full-time teaching positions and connect them with stellar independent, charter, private, and religiously-affiliated schools across California.
Scoot Education is a privately-funded, rapidly growing startup. Our parent company, anzuk Education, got its start in 2004 and now has offices in Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Canada.