Imagine a school where each day is alive with learning, creativity, and a spirit of adventure. This is what it is like to work at one of our partner schools. They are committed to progressive education and innovative programming, meeting the needs of a wide range of middle school girls. This school educates girls during a pivotal time in their lives. Their project-based curriculum encourages creativity, problem-solving, and independent thought. Attention to girls’ emotional and social growth develops self-knowledge and confidence as well as teamwork and leadership skills. They encourage girls to spread their wings, take risks, and be self-reliant.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science, computer science or related field – advanced degree and teaching experience a plus!
- Teaching that inspires enthusiasm, confidence, and deep understanding in computer science
- Commitment to experiential, project-based learning, narrative assessment, and other progressive pedagogies
- Eagerness to collaborate closely with teaching teams
- Delight in teaching middle school girls!
Students engage in authentic computer science problems in a creative and supportive environment. Through hands-on experiences, cross-disciplinary projects, and a variety of learning methods, students learn to work through problems and express themselves using code.
CS Topics include:
Programming in Scratch, Ink, and Python; robotics using Lego EV3 Mindstorms; website design with HTML & CSS; and responsible computer and Internet use.