Scoot Education continuously strives to provide exceptional experiences for schools, students and educators. We attract exceptional educators, working with them to provide teaching opportunities in line with their interests and experience. We support schools in their staffing needs to cover day-to-day and long-term teacher absences.
Scoot Education is a startup educational staffing company obsessed with getting stellar teachers into classrooms. We meticulously connect substitute and permanent teachers to schools in California to create exceptional experiences in education.
We bring new perspectives and new tech-driven solutions. We are small, we are nimble, we understand urgency, we get technology, we value diversity, and we have heart. When you step foot into our offices, you’ll feel and see an energy that is a unique blend of heart, creativity, fun, and mission-centric (you might also see some dogs & taco trucks on your way in).
If you have what it takes, you’ll join a team of passionate, solutions-driven, work-hard-play-hard professionals and a fast-growing company. The atmosphere here is intensely purposeful, focused on developing meaningful relationships, and on striving to “BE GREAT”.
Our Customer Service Representatives are called Education Consultants. The core mission of a Education Consultant involves managing the candidate hiring process, developing strong relationships with both candidates and school partners, having a knack for matching candidates with classrooms, and providing service that always exceeds expectations.
The Education Consultant must have strong comfort and adaptability in using technology, an understanding of the education sector or a willingness to learn, and phenomenal people skills to aid in building an incredible group of candidates and school partners.
You’ll work on:
- Educator recruitment: Assess and vet candidates through online searches, reference/background checks, and interviews according to requirements and strict standards of quality
- Educator management: Foster professional relationships with educators to support achievement of their career objectives
- Vacancy management: Help solve school's most significant and urgent problems - getting qualified, stellar educators into classroom vacancies
- Relationship management: Provide personalized service and develop meaningful relationships with key team members at partner schools
- New business: Develop new business for Scoot by building authentic school relationships
- College degree and 2+years in recruitment, education, customer service, sales and/or consulting field
- Education market knowledge and experience
- Exceptional IT and administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Incredibly high standards when it comes education in Los Angeles
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer outcomes
- Growth mindset and drive to succeed
- You have tutoring or classroom experience (or if you come from a family of teachers!)
- Have used applicant tracking systems (ATS) previously
- Can demonstrate a strong comfort level using technology
- A successful history in recruitment or sales
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Book Club--because we believe in being constant lifelong learners with growth mindsets
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs
- Awesome collaborative workspace so lots of social events
- A kitchen stocked with fancy water, unlimited coffee (yes, we have almond milk) and beer on tap
Scoot Education is a privately-funded, quickly growing startup. Our parent company, anzuk Education, got its start in 2004 in Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada.
We’ve identified the need for quality teachers to always be present and available in the classroom--globally!