- have a background in and/or passion for education
- value relationships above all else
- put the team first and celebrate success together
- possess a growth mindset
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- have a 'one team' mentality
- revel in the success of our co-workers and partners
- prioritize training & development of our team
- work hard and have fun doing it
Scoot has one opportunity available immediately, whilst also seeking talent to join our team for several planned hires to start in July ahead of the 2020/21 school year. Our HQ is based in Culver City, however we also anticipate having satellite sites across various regions of Los Angeles so don't let the LA traffic put you off applying!
The core mission of an Education Recruitment Consultant involves managing the candidate hiring process, developing strong relationships with both educators and school partners, having a knack for matching educators with classrooms, and providing service that always exceeds expectations.
The Education Recruitment Consultant must have strong comfort and adaptability in using technology, an understanding of the education sector or a willingness to learn, and phenomenal people skills to aid in building an incredible group of candidates and school partners.
You’ll work on:
- Educator recruitment: Assess and vet candidates through online searches, reference/background checks, and interviews according to requirements and strict standards of quality
- Educator management: Foster professional relationships with educators to support achievement of their career objectives
- Vacancy management: Help solve school's most significant and urgent problems - getting qualified, stellar educators into classroom vacancies
- Relationship management: Provide personalized service and develop meaningful relationships with key team members at partner schools
- New business: Develop new business for Scoot by building authentic school relationships
- College degree and 2+years in recruitment, education, customer service, sales and/or consulting field
- Education market knowledge and experience
- Exceptional IT and administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Incredibly high standards when it comes education in the bay area
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer outcomes
- Growth mindset and drive to succeed
- You have experience in the classroom (or if you come from a family of teachers!)
- Have used applicant tracking systems (ATS) previously
- Can demonstrate a strong comfort level using technology
- A successful history in recruitment or sales
We bring new perspectives and tech-driven, human-enabled solutions. We are small, we are nimble, we understand urgency, we get technology, we value diversity, and we have heart. When you step foot into our offices, you’ll feel and see an energy that is a unique blend of heart, creativity, fun, mission-centric and living every day based on our core values.
Perks of working at Scoot:
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Incentive programs for exceeding expectations
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs
- Awesome collaborative workspace
Scoot Education is a privately-funded, quickly growing startup. Our parent company, anzuk Education, got its start in 2004 in Australia & the United Kingdom. We also have branches in Canada and most recently New Zealand.
We’ve identified the need for quality educators to always be present and available in the classroom--globally!