Scoot is an education staffing company, first established in Los Angeles, CA, in 2017. We have since grown to operate out of the Bay Area, Sacramento & San Diego. We are excited to be expanding to Houston, TX, ahead of the 2021/22 school year to increase our impact on school communities across the US.
Check out our website - www.scoot.education - to learn more about us.
We are part of a global organization, anzuk Education, who have been connecting educators with schools since 2004. anzuk is present across all of Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. We are a mission and values led organization, with our why and purpose being to help create exceptional experiences in education. ‘Right teacher, right classroom, right time’ is the goal we get up every morning striving to achieve.
Our founding team in Houston will be made up of five members initially. This presents an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be a part of Scoot's journey in Texas. Grow with us, both personally and professionally. We are ambitious and progression opportunities will be plentiful for high performers who are smart, hungry and humble. Scoot in TX will be a startup environment, but with the leadership, resources and experience of an established organization supporting you, 24/7.
- have a background in, and passion for education
- value relationships above all else
- put the team first and celebrate success together
- possess a growth mindset
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- have a 'one team' mentality
- revel in the success of our co-workers and partners
- prioritize training & development of our team
- work hard and have fun doing it
We are preparing for a start date of mid-May, 2021, to allow plenty of time to set us up for success ahead of the beginning of the school year in August.
The core mission of an Education Recruitment Consultant involves managing the candidate hiring process, developing strong relationships with both educators and school partners, having a knack for matching educators with classrooms, and providing service that always exceeds expectations.
The Education Recruitment Consultant must have strong comfort and adaptability in using technology, an understanding of the education sector, and phenomenal people skills to aid in building an incredible group of candidates and school partners.
You’ll work on:
- Educator recruitment: Assess and vet candidates through online searches, reference/background checks, and interviews according to requirements and strict standards of quality
- Educator management: Foster professional relationships with educators to support achievement of their career objectives
- Vacancy management: Help solve school's most significant and urgent problems - getting qualified, stellar educators into classroom vacancies
- Relationship management: Provide personalized service and develop meaningful relationships with key team members at partner schools
- New business: Develop new business for Scoot by building authentic school relationships
- College degree and 2+years in education, recruitment, sales or customer service
- Education market knowledge and experience
- Exceptional IT and administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer outcomes
- Growth mindset, grit and the drive to succeed
- You have experience in the classroom (or if you come from a family of teachers!)
- Have used applicant tracking systems (ATS) previously
- Can demonstrate a strong comfort level using technology
- A successful history in recruitment or sales
- Up-to-date resume
- Two recent and supervisory references
- Personalized cover letter that addresses the question ' What does it mean to you to BE GREAT in the workplace?'
We bring new perspectives and tech-driven, human-enabled solutions. We are small, we are nimble, we understand urgency, we get technology, we value diversity, and we have heart. When you step foot into our offices, you’ll feel and see an energy that is a unique blend of heart, creativity, fun, mission-centric and living every day based on our core values.
Perks of working at Scoot:
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture where our core values drive our behaviors
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Incentive programs for exceeding expectations
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs
- Flexible work schedule, both hours and location
- Awesome collaborative workspace
Our “BE GREAT” values are: Belief, Exceptional, Growth, Relationships, Empower, Attitude, Team.
We’ve identified the need for quality educators to always be present and available in the classroom--globally!