We hear you and we’re here to help. Our new service offering - Scoot at Home - can help connect you with a family or families who are looking for stellar educators to lead their home-learning pods.
We've received strong interest from many families in the Bay Area, so read on and if it sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now!
What is a home-learning pod?
Home-learning pods, currently also referred to as pandemic pods, are an alternative learning model to supplement the virtual model schools are currently offering. Students are still enrolled and attend their schools, but supplement this by having an in-person educator to provide academic enrichment and engagement. The educator also facilitates peer-to-peer interactions to continue children's socio-emotional development.
Home-learning pods can have up up to eight students across up to three families. These students receive 5 hours of in-person learning & supervision every day from a Scoot at Home educator. Safety and learning all from within the family home!
What are the benefits?
- Reduce your exposure to COVID-19
- Support with a small group of students
- Continue consistent employment throughout these trying times
- 4 hours of academic enrichment
- 1 hour of supervision
- 1 hour of preparation and planning time
What are the requirements?
Each pod is unique and requires different skill sets. That being said, if you meet all of the below criteria you will be a strong candidate to become a Scoot at Home educator across a multitude of home-learning pod models.
- CA Multiple-subject credential OR 12+ ECE credits (preferred but not mandatory)
- Experience leading your own classroom (not day-to-day substituting)
- Ability to lesson plan and create your own curriculum
- Take a recent TB Risk Assessment & Live Scan
- Direct deposits weekly
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
People are our entire reason for being. We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers--for free!
We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. We’re local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Our “BE GREAT” values are: belief, exceptional, growth, relationships, empower, attitude, team.