ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Teach as First Grade Lead Teacher, including language arts, mathematics, and social studies
- Implement the school’s social emotional curriculum, based on the Responsive Classroom approach
- Provide a hands-on, inquiry-based style of teaching; manage collaborative learning groups; integrate technology into the curriculum
- Design integrated, project-based experiences for the weekly Reach Beyond block in collaboration with colleagues
- Collaborate and co-teach with colleagues, including Resident Teachers, with a focus on differentiated instruction
- Actively participate in a faculty culture that is committed to being at the leading edge of K-8 education
- Report to the Associate Head of School
- A love of elementary children
- Master’s degree and five years of teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning in a dynamic, 21st century school community
- Able to work in a collegial, collaborative environment
- Possesses a growth mindset, active sense of humor, warm personality, and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational technology
Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage; a generous holiday schedule; access to and support with the latest state-of-the-art education technology; and a strong commitment to engaging and personalized professional development.
Position Type: Full-time, long-term substitute
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A SCOOT CANDIDATE
We look for educators who want to make an impact. Through passion and dedication, our ideal educator will engage with their school community and bring rigor and fun into the classroom while creating exceptional experiences in education.
HOW SCOOT IS DIFFERENT
- As an educator, there is absolutely no cost to you at any stage of the process.
- We’re technology enabled so it’s super easy to work with us.
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes.
- We treat your job search with 100% confidentiality and respect for your preferences.
- We have heart -- no really, we care a lot!