ABOUT THE POSITION:
Our partner school is a charter institution recognizing that the number one factor impacting student achievement is quality, presence, and effectiveness of every teacher within the classroom. Located on the waterfront with stunning views of the bay, the campus boasts smaller class sizes and a family-involved school community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral standards
- Believe in measurable student academic growth to increase individual student's achievement
- Assess every student's mastery of the content and diagnose areas of student misunderstanding
- Prepare questions, model responses, and practice effective instructional delivery
- Ensure academic rigor by asking increasingly difficult questions, accepting only high quality student responses and posting examples of high quality work
- Use engagement strategies (e.g., rapid fire questioning, choral responses, non-verbal responses, etc.)
- Set measurable, ambitious, yet attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle
- Use data from interim assessments, quizzes, and informal assessments to inform and guide instruction
- Be proactive in addressing issues to student safety and well-being (e.g., bullying, etc.)
- Strong classroom management and presence
- Demonstrated mastery of subject matter
- Unyielding commitment to students, self, and school's constant learning and development
- Relentlessness - doing what it takes to ensure success
- Team player for the school yet competitive for the class
- Highly organized
- Belief in school's mission, educational model, PATH, and Core Values
- Strong work ethic, no excuse, and go getter attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university
- Passing CBEST or CSET score
- Willingness to seek certification if not already certified
- Two years of teaching experience with a record of high student achievement (preferred)
- Experience working with youth
Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage; a generous holiday schedule; access to and support with the latest state-of-the-art education technology; and a strong commitment to engaging and personalized professional development.
Position Type: Full-time, long-term substitute
Scoot Education is a human-driven, value-led, staffing company that makes relationships our top priority. Once we know what you are looking for, we proactively seek opportunities for you and advocate on your behalf. No longer will you have to troll through job boards and customize cover letters. We do the work for you, and there’s absolutely, 100%, no cost to you.
Apply for this job now or visit our website for additional information: