Dates: Feb. 15th - June
An award-winning, free, public charter high school, located in Lawndale, is looking to hire a long-term substitute for Environmental Science. The school prepares students for 4-year colleges using the environment as a lens for real-life learning. Their school places an emphasis on experiential, project-based learning that engages students as it prepares them to become leaders in their communities.
- BA in Science, Education, or related field
- 3+ years of classroom teaching exp., preferably at the high school level
- California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Science required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts in a clear and concise manner, and to foster an innovative and creative learning environment.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work with colleagues in creating, developing, and implementing science curricula.
- Strong classroom management skills