ABOUT THE POSITION:
Our partner school is looking for talented and committed educators to serve as Founding Teachers for their elementary classrooms.
Founding 2nd Grade Teachers will aid in the establishment of curriculum and culture as they develop a world-class education program from vision to execution. The outcomes that their students deserve necessitate strong teaching from the time they enter kindergarten until graduation from college.
As such, Founding 2nd Grade Teachers will work closely with each school’s leadership team to ensure that students learn, grow, pursue their dreams, and eventually achieve transformative life outcomes. Each Founding 2nd Grade Teacher will be responsible for ensuring that students have the opportunity to learn in an environment of joyful, excellent teaching.
All teachers must:
- Hold a valid teaching credential or be in the process of securing one (please click here to learn more)
- Be committed to working with educationally underserved students
- Believe all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Possess strong content area knowledge and classroom management skills
- Teach in extended day and year schedule
- Contribute to a relentless and dedicated team of outstanding professionals
- Communicate well with students, families, and colleagues
- Experience as an educator in a traditionally underserved community for one or more years with demonstrated strong achievement results and documented growth on formative assessments
- Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese or Mandarin speaking proficiency
Competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits. Although KIPP does not post salary scales, we are happy to walk candidates through the compensation package.
Position Type: Full-time, long-term substitute
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A SCOOT CANDIDATE
We look for educators who want to make an impact. Through passion and dedication, our ideal educator will engage with their school community and bring rigor and fun into the classroom while creating exceptional experiences in education.
HOW SCOOT IS DIFFERENT
- As an educator, there is absolutely no cost to you at any stage of the process.
- We’re technology enabled so it’s super easy to work with us.
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes.
- We treat your job search with 100% confidentiality and respect for your preferences.
- We have heart -- no really, we care a lot!
Are you the right candidate? Ideal candidates will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of child development and experience with children
- Support of differentiation in the classroom, one-on-one work with students, preparation, and supervision of lessons
- Strong classroom management and communication skills