The ideal candidate:
- serves as a key member of the leadership team, working closely with other school leaders and the board of trustees while contributing meaningfully to efforts in admissions, advancement, finance, operations, and long-term planning.
- has direct responsibility of over 800 students on the Upper School campus and leading 150+ full-time faculty and staff.
- has significant school leadership experience, inspiring interpersonal and communication skills, infectious optimism, conspicuous integrity, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- possesses an understanding of independent school culture and best practices in teaching and learning, both of which will be necessary to implementing and managing ongoing changes to the curriculum and daily schedule.
- demonstrates sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members;
- has an ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds; and have a capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.