Excellent! Read on... We've been looking for you!
We're searching for a highly-ambitious and career driven educator to teach high school chemistry for long term leave position, starting November. The position is at a leading charter school that serves a very diverse population of students in South LA.
THE RIGHT TEACHER IS…
The right educator emphasizes lab work and quantitative applications. They understand the school’s approach to science with an emphasis on chemistry.
The educator is a master of content, thrives in a high-performance culture and excels at working flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds.
In addition to being well-versed in chemistry, this teacher is a genuine colleague--thoughtful, energetic, passionate and an all-around “school person” who wants to participate and contribute to the vibrant community.
THE SCHOOL IS...
The school serves approximately 450 students in grades 9-12 strives to attract a faculty and student body who bring diversity of thought and culture to the school community, and who will be committed providing an inclusive environment for the respectful exchange of multiple perspectives.
The school serves a large Hispanic student population and seeks educators who are committed to using multiple modalities and perspectives to help students achieve understanding, and who are committed to reflection on their pedagogy as a vital part of their professional development.
A love of high school students, flexibility and a sense of humor are required.
- Full Single Subject Californian Credential in Chemistry
- Ability to teach AP Chemistry and Modular Science Chemistry (I, II, & III)
- A masters degree and teaching credential are preferred
- strong ability to relate to students and provide clear, consistent communication
- demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members
- Willingness to to integrate in the life of the school
- All-around "school people" who are thoughtful, energetic and genuine