- The teaching load will comprise two preparations and five sections;
- English teachers frame and lead textual inquiries; guide students in composing and revising argumentative essays; evaluate students in all facets of their work;
- Collaborate with colleagues to evolve the curriculum and determine best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in English or a similar field; Master’s degree or Ph.D preferred;
- Ability to teach across literary genres and traditions;
- Strong communication skills and a team-player attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate seminar-style discussions and to foster a safe, innovative, and creative learning environment;
- Ideal candidates will be excited to become part of our vibrant school community, broadly engaging with students and colleagues, and attending events outside their particular field of study.
This school actively strives to be a diverse and inclusive community in its educational, admission, and employment practices. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, or any other characteristic. They seek candidates who demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members; have an ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds; and have a capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.