Excellent! Read on... We've been looking for you!
We’re seeking a stellar geometry educator who is resilient, empathetic and fun to teach high school for the 2018-2019 year. The position is at a public charter school in Los Angeles (near the West Adams area).
THE RIGHT TEACHER...
The right educator has an affinity for inquisitive minds, high-energy spirits and views teaching Geometry as more than subject matter but really as an opportunity to connect and impact.
As an educator in this urban setting, the teacher quickly builds rapport while exhibiting superb classroom management to guide students in understanding mathematics and making connections between concepts and procedures.
The educator delivers lessons aligned with Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and brings differentiated lesson plans for a variety of learners. In addition to maintaining gradebooks and supporting instruction with school-wide supplemental programs, the educator collaborates with the Special Education Team and tutors students in need of remediation.
The teacher has a love for humor and life-long learning. The educator utilizes technology and understand the complexities of the student population. The educator has a deep capacity for empathy and comprehends how challenges outside of the classroom affect student performance.
THE SCHOOL IS…
The school is a public charter high school serving students in Koreatown, West Adams and San Fernando Valley areas in Los Angeles County.
The school prepares high school students to excel in the nation's top colleges and universities, and in life beyond. Within a rigorous, accountable, and supportive school community, students become high achieving, self-advocating, responsible scholars engaged in their community.
They believe in a “whole child” approach -- developing students’ characters and life experiences alongside their academics. They have a strong understanding that students’ success simply isn’t possible without incredible teachers. They provide over 260 hours of differentiated professional development each year and offer numerous leadership opportunities to support teachers to become experts in their craft.
They also offer small class sizes, comprehensive teacher support, and numerous collaboration opportunities across the organization and within school sites.
It’s vision is to build seamless, kindergarten-to-college school systems.
The school serves 250 students. Across it’s network, over 90% of students are eligible for free and reduced lunch. It seeks educators passionate about providing holistic, inclusive support for students to help them become leaders who act with integrity and champion equity to enrich our communities.
The school offers full-benefits (Health, dental, vision, STRS retirement matching, life insurance, short-term disability, optional 403b plan, sick and vacation paid time off, and holidays.). They offer No-Cost New Teacher Development Program for those with a preliminary teaching credentials.
Compensation is DOE. Salary ranges from $50,000-92,0000.
- at least 3 years of teaching experience (in any grade)
- a Bachelor's degree in Education, Math, or a related field, Masters preferred
- demonstrated ability in teaching math to students in low socio/economic communities
- California Single Subject Credential in Math
- Possession of either Bilingual, Cross-Cultural, Language and Academic Development (BCLAD) certificate; Cross-Cultural, Language and Academic Development (CLAD) certificate; Bilingual Certificate of Competence (BCC); or Language Development Specialist (LDS) certificate desirable
- Facility with Spanish or Korean languages; Bilingual in Spanish or Korean highly encouraged to apply
- Willingness to use planning periods for the advancement of student academics
- Ability to implement feedback from administrator regarding lesson plans and/or execution
- Embodiment of integrity, kindness, community and growth ,
- Demonstrated ability to teach whole child in an inclusive setting using modifications and accommodations
- Use of data to inform decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Technology competent
- Willingness to receive feedback, engage in frequent dialogue and ability to self-reflect
- Sense of humor and love of teaching