START DATE: August 2019
Faculty members report to the department chair in their discipline for teaching‐related matters, to the dean of students for residential issues, and to the director of athletics for coaching responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach four classes, including all elements of instructional planning, implementation, and assessment.
- Serve as advisor for a group of 6‐9 students, providing guidance in academic, extracurricular, social, and personal areas and serve as the school’s key liaison to parents.
- Dormitory duty one day per week and approximately seven weekends per year.
- Lead or assist with an afternoon activity or sport in two of three seasons.
- Attend all faculty meetings, department meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Attend all school functions: chapels, assemblies, class meetings, as well as special events.
- Complete academic reports, advisory letters, and other forms of academic communication in a timely, professional manner.
- Promote the development of honor, character, and leadership in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules.
- Pursue opportunities for professional growth on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
- Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior.
- Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues.
- Communicates and responds to all school communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
The optimal candidate will have 3+ years of teaching experience, the ability to handle a range of math courses, and a minimum education of a bachelor’s degree.