START DATE: August 2019
An independent all-girls middle and high school is looking for a full-time high school math teacher for fall 2019.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The school's challenging 6-12 academic program is enhanced by their global curriculum, Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) programming, and leadership opportunities at all grade levels.
They foster leadership in the classroom and in a variety of co-curricular offerings, including athletics, clubs, community action, student government, dramatic and musical performances, peer tutoring, teaching assistantships, and internships.
Students are equipped with both the knowledge and the habits of mind to harness the power of mathematics. Informed by the work of Jo Boaler and applied action research, their curriculum emphasizes the understanding of profound mathematical ideas and the development of key analytical skills in a supportive environment that encourages inquiry, engagement, and joy in mathematics.
Differentiation beginning in the Middle School empowers students to take risks, develop resilience, deepen understanding and facilitate a growth mindset that builds confidence in mathematical skills. Students progress in their math practice through genuine engagement with new material and perseverance through confusion and difficulty. In order to support the inquiry process, teachers provide guidance through problems, discussions, activities, readings, projects, and collaborative work.
- Master's degree in Mathematics or related field
- 3+ years of lead teaching experience
- Independent schools and all-girls school experience a plus
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES OF FACULTY & STAFF
- Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
- Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior.
- Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues.
- Communicates and responds to all school communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.