An independent, college preparatory day school, serving grades six through twelve, is seeking a Physics Teacher to start immediately. Their core virtues are Generosity, Integrity, Curiosity, and Courage. Over half of our students’ tuition expense is made possible through donor-funded scholarships. This allows the school to recruit and enroll the brightest, most dedicated students from all walks of life. They are growing a community that reflects the vibrant diversity of Los Angeles. Their model is founded upon the belief that the best educational tool for any young person is the collaboration and camaraderie of peers from different backgrounds—peers who have stories and perspectives to share, the stuff of life that simply cannot be gleaned from a textbook.
The ideal candidate has:
- An abiding passion & deep knowledge of working with a diverse student body,
- Experience in designing innovative curricula in their discipline,
- Leveraged technology to enhance student achievements,
- Differentiating instruction for a heterogeneous study body,
Demonstrated success in the classroom with different adolescent needs across the 6-12.
- Teach 4 sections: (2) 9th-grade Physics, (1) AP Physics (1) AP Calculus or AP Statistics.
- Preparation of course materials, working from existing curricular frameworks, texts, and
- After-school (3:30 - 5:30) tutoring two days a week
- Advisor to Upper School students
- Willingness to participate in some aspect of the school's extracurricular life for at least one
semester (sports, club, performing arts)
- BA/BS degree in a STEM discipline.
- Serious candidates will have CA Teaching credential or Masters degree in secondary education.
- A minimum of 5 years of classroom teaching experience in public, charter, and/or independent schools, preferably in an urban context.
- The ability to use effective classroom management techniques (including the management of tech in the classroom).
- The ability to work collaboratively within the department as well as to seek out opportunities to collaborate with other departments.