- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, relentless optimism, and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Some teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid single-subject California teaching credential in lab sciences preferred or willingness to immediately and aggressively obtain one
Salary Range: $50-75k
Mission: This school will prepare all students in grades 9 through 12 for success in four-year colleges, professional careers, leadership in their communities, and lives of opportunity.
About the role: You will play a mission-critical role for students by planning and teaching rigorous, lab science courses, serving as an academic advisor, and working hard to shape and uphold a strong academic culture.
This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher with very high expectations for student achievement, passionate about molding students as strong scientific thinkers and leaders, and wants to positively impact an historically underserved community by helping first-generation students develop the skills and knowledge they need to prepare for success at the 4-year colleges of their choice.