Start date: August 2019
About the school
A premier independent school in Los Angeles is seeking highly qualified candidates for a full-time teaching position in the Visual Arts department at the Upper School (grades 10-12). The position is for a Video Art teacher, who can teach beginners as well as advanced students in all aspects of video art production. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ongoing commitment to their studio practice through evidence of exhibitions, residencies, etc., as well as a working knowledge of historical and contemporary art and artists. This teacher is also deeply involved in the school’s annual film festival, that seeks submission for films from secondary school students across the state.
The school strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and that includes their hiring of faculty and staff. They are dedicated to the joyful pursuit of educational excellence while living and learning with integrity.
- BA or BFA Visual Arts; MA or MFA degree in visual arts or arts education preferred.
- Ability to teach video art is primary; flexibility to teach other disciplines in visual arts is a plus.
- Teaching experience at the high school or college level is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts in a clear and concise manner to students and to foster an innovative and creative learning environment.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work with colleagues in creating, developing, and implementing visual arts curricula.
- Ideal candidates will be excited by becoming part of our vibrant school community, broadly engaging with students and colleagues, and attending events outside their particular field of study.