Excellent! Read on... We've been looking for you!
We're searching for a highly-ambitious and career driven educator to teach grades 7-9 in history for the 2018-2019 school year. The position is at an elite independent, coeducational and college preparatory school in West Los Angeles.
THE RIGHT TEACHER IS….
The right educator has strong academic preparation, and extensive experience in curriculum design.
The educator is a master of content, thrives in a high-performance culture and excels at working flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds.
In addition to being well-versed in world history and non-Western civilizations, you would have no problem teaching an elective course outside of the history department such as Library and Technology, Public Speaking or Debate.
THE SCHOOL IS...
The school serves 1600 students in grades 7-12 and strives to be a diverse and inclusive community in its educational, admission and employment practices.
The school seeks educators and staff who have the capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity and acceptance.
The school’s history department values team teaching, innovation and collegiality.
Compensation is DOE. Full-benefits offered.
- Master's degree in history or related field
- 3+ years of lead teaching experience at a private or independent school
- Ability to teach World Civilizations, American History and Government, and/or World and Europe I
- strong ability to relate to students and provide clear, consistent communication
- demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members
- Willingness to to integrate in the life of the school