- A Bachelor's degree and California multiple subject credential
- CLAD or BCLAD
- A minimum of two years experience teaching in relevant elementary-middle grades
- Experience working in a socio-economic, racial and culturally diverse classroom setting
- An exhibited ability to work with children in a caring and respectful manner in order to create a joyful, caring classroom environment where instructional time includes community building, conflict resolution, skill-building, and empowering students to be peacemakers and agents for positive social change
- Experience working with diverse populations, including English language learners and students with special needs
- Knowledge of and experience with Welligent and other SPED-related computer programs to document services, notes, write IEP's and run all necessary reports.
- Fluency in a second language (ideally Spanish or Korean) is preferred.
In addition to ensuring students excel on standardized tests, the school is focused on an academic program that prizes critical thinking, creativity and community building. So at the school, art, music, physical education and social-emotional development are core parts of the curriculum for all students.
The school takes a balanced approach, complementing the creative, project-based and constructivist instruction with detailed assessments of each child at the beginning of the year and at three additional times throughout the year. They know with precision how each child is performing and can provide additional phonics and math fact instruction if needed to ensure a strong foundation in core skills
Their mission is to create a high-achieving public charter school for a diverse community of students, developing their abilities, confidence, and sense of responsibility for themselves and their community.