- At least two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement as evidenced by measurable growth on assessments or other valid measures of academic achievement
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive 4-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid single-subject California teaching credential in math preferred or willingness to immediately and aggressively obtain one
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, relentless optimism, and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Excellent communication skills, especially with students and parents
The school’s founders believe that all students, regardless of race, socioeconomic class, or country of origin, can achieve at high levels when they have access to high-quality K-12 education. The school's model features an extended day and year, individualized tutoring and support to meet all students’ needs, daily academic advising, a rigorous academic curriculum, and intensive college advising to ensure that 100% of our students attend and graduate from the four-year colleges of their choice.
The school is looking for a passionate and dedicated math teacher to join their growing team. The math teacher will play a mission-critical role by planning and teaching rigorous, Common Core- and SAT-aligned math courses, by serving as an academic advisor for a small group of students, and by working hard to shape and uphold strong academic culture throughout the school for all students.