At this school, you would enjoy:
- Being a part of a community that actively strives to be diverse and inclusive in its educational, admission, and employment practices.
- The ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds while serving as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.
- Extensive professional development opportunities.
- A tradition of excellence, first-rate resources and facilities, and a culture of innovation and purpose
- Benefits that include health coverage, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance for faculty and staff, credit union membership, free lunches, generous vacation time, and participation in cultural and social events.
- Teach a rigorous curriculum, consisting of courses from Pre-Algebra through Precalculus, to students possessing a broad range of math aptitudes.
- Actively participate in the greater school community.
- Have a passion for working with middle school or upper school students, for teaching, and for mathematics.
- Have a strong work ethic, high standards for self and others, and excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in mathematics or a similar field; MA or Ph.D. a plus
- The ability to teach a wide range of courses including Honors Geometry and Algebra II
- Strong communication skills and team-player attitude
- Enthusiasm about working with middle/high school students
- A demonstrated ability to communicate concepts in a clear and concise manner to students and foster an innovative and creative learning environment
- To engage with students and colleagues, and attend events outside of your particular field of study.
Have you heard of Scoot?
We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers find their dream job--for free! Top-ranked schools across Los Angeles partner with Scoot to find the best educators because of the individualistic and attentive approach we take with educators.
With 100% confidentiality, we walk you through the entire application process from submitting your resume to negotiating the best offer! Who knew finding your next teaching job could be so easy?