Start date: August 2019
About the school
A preeminent independent school in Los Angeles seeks to hire an exceptional and highly qualified educator for a full-time teaching position in the History and Social Studies Department at the Middle School (grades 7-9). The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of world history, with a focus on non-Western civilizations, specifically African, Middle Eastern, and/or Latin American history. Candidates should be versatile enough to teach an elective course outside of the history department, such as Library and Technology, Public Speaking, or Debate. Candidates will also be prepared to integrate themselves in the life of the school. The History department values team teaching, innovation, and collegiality.
The school strives to be a diverse and inclusive community and that includes their hiring of faculty and staff. They are dedicated to the joyful pursuit of educational excellence while living and learning with integrity.
- Minimum -- Bachelor's degree in History or a similar field; MA preferred;
- Experience and expertise that aligns with our World Civilizations and American History and Government courses;
- Demonstrated collegiality, collaboration, teamwork, and organization;
- Ability to communicate concepts in a clear and concise manner to students and foster an innovative and creative learning environment;
- Zeal for working with adolescents;
- Enthusiasm to become part of our vibrant school community, broadly engaging with students and colleagues, and attending events outside their particular field of responsibility.