Excellent! Read on... We've been looking for you!
We’re seeking a stellar math educator who is resilient, empathetic and fun to teach middle school for the 2018-2019 year. The position is at an elite charter school in central Los Angeles that is quickly expanding. Over the next 5 years, this school will service double the number of students it serves.
THE RIGHT TEACHER IS….
The right educator has an affinity for inquisitive minds, high-energy spirits and views teaching teenagers as an opportunity to connect and impact.
As an educator in this urban setting, the teacher quickly builds rapport while exhibiting superb classroom management to guide students in understanding mathematics and making connections between concepts and procedures.
The educator understand the complexities of the student population and has a belief in restorative justice. In addition to being well-versed in math, you create 8 step lesson plans thoroughly and utilize a variety of instructional strategies
THE SCHOOL IS...
The school is a non-profit college-preparatory public charter school serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles.
The school network serves approximately 6500 students and seeks educators passionate about teaching the academic skills, fostering the intellectual habits, and cultivating the character traits needed for students to thrive in school, college, and life.
The school’s offers a very competitive compensation package, 100% healthcare premiums, life insurance, 401(k) plan with a 6% match and generous time off. Additionally, the school is big on professional development and offers other great benefits (flexible spending, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc).
- a Bachelor's degree in Education, Math, or a related field, Masters preferred
- at least 2 years of teaching experience in an urban setting
- CA Multiple or Single Subject Credential in Math preferred
- willingness to become a part of a neighborhood school and be an advocate for students
- strong classroom management skills and a belief in restorative justice
- Belief that demographics do not determine destiny and that students from underserved communities can and will achieve at the highest levels