Excellent! Read on... We've been looking for you!
We’re seeking a stellar math educator who is resilient, empathetic and fun to teach middle school for the 2018-2019 year. The position is at a college preparatory charter school in central Los Angeles.
THE RIGHT TEACHER IS….
The right educator has an affinity for inquisitive minds, high-energy spirits and views teaching teenagers as an opportunity to connect and impact.
As an educator in this urban setting, the teacher quickly builds rapport while exhibiting superb classroom management to guide students in understanding mathematics and making connections between concepts and procedures.
The educator delivers lesson aligned with Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and performs well in a team-teaching model, in which pairs of teachers work closely together to design lessons, frequently analyzing achievement data, and uses these results to ensure student mastery in all content areas.
The educator understand the complexities of the student population, has a deep capacity for empathy and comprehends how challenges outside of the classroom affect student performance.
THE SCHOOL IS...
The school is a college-preparatory public charter school serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles.
The school serves 648 students (96% Hispanic, 2% African American and 2% Asian; 46% are currently English Learners and 11% receive special education services). It seeks educators passionate about putting students on the path to college and excelling as leaders in high school, college, and their community.
Compensation is DOE. Salary ranges from $52,000-70,0000.
- a Bachelor's degree in Education, Math, or a related field, Masters preferred
- at least 2 years of teaching experience in an urban setting
- CA Multiple or Single Subject Credential in Math preferred
- Authorization for instructing English Language Learners
- Highly qualified under terms of No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- Facility with the Spanish language (preferred); Bilingual in Spanish highly encouraged to apply
- Willingness to prepare and support the CA state SBAC testing in the spring
- Embodiment of preparation, respect, integrity, determination, and enthusiasm
- Ability to foster a positive classroom and school culture through use of school wide systems and character education programs
- Use of data to inform decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Comfort with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance
- Regular, punctual attendance, and professional appearance