- At least 2 years of classroom teaching experience
- Degree in Math/Education related field
- Valid CA Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential or Intern Credential through a program recognized by the CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- Math single subject credential or authorization to teach math
- High behavioral expectations and strong classroom management skills
- Embodiment of school's PRIDE values -- preparation, respect, integrity, determination, and enthusiasm
- Experience teaching in an urban setting with proven academic results (preferred)
- Facility with the Spanish language (preferred)
Type: Full time
THE SCHOOL IS…
a transitional kindergarten through eighth-grade charter school serving historically underserved neighborhoods of Boyle Heights, Lincoln Heights, and surrounding Eastside communities. The student population is 100% extraordinary, 97% Latino, 95% free/reduced lunch, 38% English Language Learners, and 14% of the student population receive special education services.
The team is made up of a highly collaborative group of teachers and staff who share a passion for closing the achievement gap. They use a co-teaching structure modeled after the successful Uncommon Schools and Achievement First schools on the east coast. They have high expectations for academics and discipline, and simultaneously value joy in the classroom, making learning fun for their scholars and teachers.
The school day begins at 7:00 and ends at 4:00