- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree and/or teaching credential is preferred,
- 3+ years of lead teaching experience
- Effective differentiation and classroom management techniques, including the ability to integrate technology to enhance student achievement,
- The ability to work collaboratively within the department as well as to seek out opportunities to collaborate with other departments,
- Experience designing creative curricula and differentiating instruction for a heterogeneous study body,
- Salary is competitive with other area independent schools,
- Lunch is freshly prepared and shared family-style by faculty and students each day,
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits, plus 401(k) with employer match after 1 year of employment,
- Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoys working in a student-centered, collaborative, and joyful learning community.
core virtues are Generosity, Integrity, Curiosity, and Courage. Over half of their students’ tuition expense is made possible through donor-funded scholarships. This allows the school to recruit and enroll bright, dedicated students from all walks of life. They are growing a community that reflects the vibrant diversity of Los Angeles. Their model is founded upon the belief that the best educational tool for any young person is the collaboration and camaraderie of peers from different backgrounds—peers who have stories and perspectives to share, the stuff of life that simply cannot be gleaned from a textbook.
The school is seeking a teacher with an unshakable commitment to student success; whose classroom is filled with surprise & delight.