- At least 3 years’ experience leading Math-related learning experiences for middle or high school students.
- (Preferred) Experience with mindfulness or social-emotional learning
- (Preferred) Experience with progressive, student-centered teaching methods
- Teaching: Lead 3 dedicated Math classes – two Algebra classes and one Pre-Algebra
class. These classes take place from approximately 12:00 – 3:00, four days per week.
- Structure: This is an interim role for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year. However, we are also hiring for a permanent math guide beginning in the 2019-20 school year, likely with more hours per week. Candidates for this role are welcome to apply for the permanent role as well.
- Time: Part-time (24 hours per week), of which 12 hours for teaching, 12 hours for prep and faculty meetings.
- Compensation & Benefits: This role offers a competitive compensation (based on experience), as well as full health, retirement, and commuter benefits.
Benefits: This is a full-time faculty role, including health, retirement, and commuter benefits.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Their aim is to re-imagine middle school for the 21st century. Instead of seeing the middle school years as “awkward” and “difficult,” they think they’re the most important years to prepare students for the path to happy and successful adulthood. They've built a team of leading educators, researchers, and adolescent development psychologists, and together they're designing a new model for middle school: one that combines highly engaging academics with an approach that is social, personal, and rooted in the real world.