Are you the right candidate? Ideal candidates will:
- Plan and teach science in grades 6 - 8
- Encourage scientific literacy and inquiry-based thought on a daily basis
- Incorporate multiple techniques of instruction, including discussion, hands-on labs and activities, independent writing assignments, and the use of all appropriate visual aids
- B.A./B.S. in related field; advanced degree in education preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience with implementing the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), and STEM-related activities or lessons is a required.
- Must have an open mind and a flexible attitude, regarding the implementation of science curricula.
- Must have a passion for and proficiency with the implementation of inquiry-based instruction.
- Previous experience with classroom technology integration is required.
Position Type: Full-time with benefits