You will be provided with meaningful first-year teaching experience working with motivated and creative students and observing and learning the craft of teaching from senior faculty members.
As a middle school teaching fellow:
- You will work with one or two experienced Middle School teachers and participate fully in the life of the school.
- The expectation is that the fellow will move from observation and work with individual students or small groups to responsibility for planning and teaching Middle School classes on his or her own.
- You will contribute to the extracurricular program by co-facilitating an advisory group, chaperoning Outdoor Education trips, coaching, and coordinating an after-school homework hour for students, etc.
- Small classes, which encourage deep student-faculty interaction, facilities that enhance the ability of the faculty to teach, and opportunities for faculty development, are essential ingredients in the academic enterprise.
- An appreciative community that learns from individual differences, fosters the ability to disagree with civility, and embodies courtesy and compassion
- A competitive compensation plan that is commensurate with a first-year teacher salary.
- A full benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, and a retirement plan.
- A bachelor's degree
- Experience with Middle School students (preferred)
- Experience in tutoring, outdoor education, athletics, and/or publications.
- Course work and a facility in another modern language
- Good communication and technology skills
- The ability to work in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines, as well as a diverse array of contacts
We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers find their dream job -- for free! Top-ranked schools across Los Angeles partner with Scoot to find the best educators because of the individualistic and attentive approach we take with educators.
With 100% confidentiality, we walk you through the entire application process from submitting your resume to negotiating the best offer! Who knew finding your next teaching job could be so easy?