Ideal candidates are creative critical thinkers who know that flexibility and adaptability are critical keys to success. They will enthusiastically embrace change and consistently challenge themselves in their ongoing efforts to learn, grow, and improve. The school pursues education fearlessly, knowing that children are naturally “switched on” when they are learning about something they love. They strive to cultivate and sustain that in-the-moment exuberance.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instruction, providing materials which are aligned to Common Core State Standards and school's scope and sequence.
- Develop, implement, and maintain curricula that create meaningful learning experiences by privileging deep understanding, skillful performance and robust knowledge.
- Design and develop inquiry learning units with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary thinking.
- Prepare enrichment material for high potential students including organizing Olympiads and Mathematical and Science Competitions.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of our technologies.
- Communicate student behavior expectations in a positive manner and convey rules and expectations with consistency, while recognizing the unique qualities and characteristics of the individual.
- Create a positive climate in your classroom by focusing not only on improving your relationships with your students, but also on enhancing the relationships among your students.
- Four-year degree from a college or university.
- Valid teacher credential, Masters Degree and/or previous
- Middle School teaching experience preferred.
The school seeks a seamless interplay between modernity and tradition, with excellence in learning, in all realms, as critical and fundamental to its goals and values. As an Apple Distinguished School with a full one to one iPad program throughout the school, our partner school is committed to faculty using technology as a critical tool to transform the learning culture for our students. Teachers receive a number of opportunities throughout the year, inside and outside of school, to professionally develop in this area. The diversity of the faculty is seen as a strength and positive element to developing a dignified and respectful student body.