Join a collaborative community dedicated to creating a diverse and equitable learning environment! Participate in, draw from, and contribute to your city! Help to build a holistic approach to education and feel like you're "home away from home"!
The ideal educator has the following characteristics:
- A passion and knowledge of working with a diverse student body, with a commitment to equity and inclusion,
- Demonstrated success in the classroom with developmental needs of students across grades 6-8,
- Minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience in public, charter, parochial, or independent schools,
- A sense of humor and desire to work with students in grades six through twelve.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree and/or teaching credential is preferred.
- Comfort across all areas of science, including introductory physics, chemistry, biology, Earth science, astronomy, and math.
- Effective differentiation and classroom management techniques, including the ability to integrate technology to enhance student achievement.
- The ability to work collaboratively within the department as well as to seek out opportunities to collaborate with other departments.
Salary Range: DOE
Position Type: Full-time long-term substitute