Don’t worry! There are plenty of substitute teaching opportunities available while you search for your perfect classroom..
At Scoot, we help place the right teacher in the right classroom for permanent, leave, and substitute positions.
Check out our application and onboarding process via our website @ https://www.scoot.education/disciplines/substitute
We highly encourage permanent teachers who are searching to consider substitute teaching while they job search. You get the benefit of “trying out” a school community while giving administrators the opportunity to see you in action and consider you the next time there’s a vacancy!
At Scoot, we pride ourselves in being able to pay substitutes at the highest rates in the market. We want you share our view of teaching as a profession in which you can not only make a significant impact, but also as a job that can bills and allow you to live a comfortable lifestyle.
- Californian credentialed teachers earn up to $200 for day-to-day assignments and more for long-term roles.
- 30-day substitute permit holders earn up to $180 for day-to-day assignments and more for long-term roles.
- Non-credentialed educators earn up to $165 for day-to-day support assignments and more for long-term roles
At Scoot, our substitute teachers believes in the value of an exceptional education.
No movie days in the classrooms served by us! Our substitute teachers brings a high level of competency, aptitude for common sense, and professional attitude to the classroom.
They understand the complexities associated with filling in for the day and take great pride in providing a consistent, valuable day of learning when the regular teacher is away.
They are professional (especially in high-stress situations), reliable, flexible, and eager to quickly build rapport with students, staff, and the school community.
Above all, our substitute teachers understand that they are an extension of Scoot and strive to represent Scoot with the utmost integrity knowing they are part of an elite group of educators.
- Experience working in various schools (private, independent, charter etc)
- Empathy, integrity, and professionalism
- Capacity to lead in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Sense of humor and an authentic passion for teaching
- Firm, yet kind approach, to managing student behavior
- Live in any of the following areas (Downtown, Koreatown, Compton, Gardena, Bel Air, Sherman Oaks, Beverly Hills)
- A Bachelor's degree
- A current CA Teaching Credential or 30 Day Substitute Permit
- Recent TB Risk Assessment
- Live Scan
- A simple and easy application process
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Competitive pay, direct deposited every week
- Opportunity for Scoot to reimburse application expenses
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Access to professional development to help you develop your teaching skills
- You will be an official employee of Scoot and benefit from the perks associated
How Scoot is different:
- We are small, local, and understand our partner schools
- We get technology and have our very own easy-to-use, real-time software
- We have heart and strive to build partnerships with schools and educators
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
People are our entire reason for being. If you have what it takes, you will become an extension of our passionate, solutions-driven, dynamic team, truly helping us create exceptional experiences in education.
You will be partnering with individuals who care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Growth Relationships Empower Attitude Team
Visit scoot.education or apply via this job board.