Don’t worry! There are plenty of substitute teaching opportunities available while you search for your perfect classroom.
We’re seeking dynamic, passionate, and empathetic educators to substitute teach in Los Angeles for the 2018-2019 school year.
At Scoot, we help place the right teacher in the right classroom for permanent, leave, and substitute positions.
We highly encourage permanent teachers who are searching to consider substitute teaching while they job search. You get the benefit of “trying out” a school community while giving administrators the opportunity to see you in action and consider you the next time there’s a vacancy!
At Scoot, our substitute teachers believes in the value of an exceptional education.
No movie days in the classrooms served by us!
Our substitute teachers brings a high level of competency, aptitude for common sense, and professional attitude to the classroom.
They understand the complexities associated with filling in for the day and take great pride in providing a consistent, valuable day of learning when the regular teacher is away.
They are professional (especially in high-stress situations), reliable, flexible, and eager to quickly build rapport with students, staff, and the school community.
Above all, our substitute teachers understand that they are an extension of Scoot and strive to represent Scoot with the utmost integrity knowing they are part of an elite group of educators.
- Experience working in various schools (private, independent, charter etc)
- Empathy, integrity, and professionalism
- Capacity to lead in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Sense of humor and an authentic passion for teaching
- Firm, yet kind approach, to managing student behavior
- Live in any of the following areas (Downtown, Koreatown, Compton, Gardena, Bel Air, Sherman Oaks, Beverly Hills)
- A Bachelor's degree
- A current CA Teaching Credential
- A recent TB Risk Assessment
- 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit (if missing CA Teaching Credential)
- A simple and easy application process
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Competitive pay, direct deposited every week
- Opportunity for Scoot to reimburse application expenses
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Access to professional development to help you develop your teaching skills
- You will be an official employee of Scoot and benefit from the perks associated
HOW SCOOT IS DIFFERENT
- We are small, local, and understand our partner schools
- We get technology and have our very own easy-to-use, real-time software
- We have heart and strive to build partnerships with schools and educators
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
People are our entire reason for being. If you have what it takes, you will become an extension of our passionate, solutions-driven, dynamic team, truly helping us create exceptional experiences in education.
You will be partnering with individuals who care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Growth Relationships Empower Attitude Team
Visit scoot.education or apply via this job board.