Scoot is an education staffing company, first established in Los Angeles, CA, in 2017. We have since grown to operate out of the Bay Area, Sacramento & San Diego. We are excited to be expanding to Phoenix, AZ, ahead of the 2021/22 school year to increase our impact on school communities across the US.
Check out our website - www.scoot.education - to learn more about us.
We are part of a global organization, anzuk Education, who have been connecting educators with schools since 2004. anzuk is present across all of Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. We are a mission and values led organization, with our why and purpose being to help create exceptional experiences in education. ‘Right teacher, right classroom, right time’ is the goal we get up every morning striving to achieve.
Our founding team in Phoenix will be made up of four members initially. We have an opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to spearhead our growth and take ownership of Scoot's journey in Arizona. The position has huge potential, but only for someone who has grit, and is smart, hungry and humble. Scoot in AZ will be a startup environment, only with the support, guidance and resources of an established and experienced organization behind it.
- have a background in, and passion for education
- value relationships above all else
- put the team first and celebrate success together
- possess a growth mindset
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- have a 'one team' mentality
- revel in the success of our co-workers and partners
- prioritize training & development of our team
- work hard and have fun doing it
We are preparing for a start date of mid-May, 2021, to allow plenty of time to set us up for success ahead of the beginning of the school year in August.
The core mission of a Recruitment Team Leader is to drive the growth of their team and business unit. A great team leader develops their team members be high performers, resulting in exceptional outcomes for schools and educators, which leads to Scoot's ongoing growth and impact within new regions and communities.
The Recruitment Team Leader must have phenomenal people skills, the ability to coach and mentor others, and be a leader who motivates their team by aligning them to a shared mission and vision.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction for your team, in collaboration with senior leadership
- Performance management: quarterly reviews, weekly team meetings and individual one-to-ones.
- Internal recruitment and hiring of new Scoot team members
- Initial on-boarding and training of new staff
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of your team both, formally and informally
- Succession planning and development of emerging leaders
- Educator recruitment & management
- Partner school relationship management
- New business development
- BA degree and 2+years in recruitment and/or management
- Experience leading your own team, formally or informally
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional customer outcomes
- Growth mindset, grit and the drive to succeed
- Have worked within a local school district or charter management organization
- You have experience in the classroom (or if you come from a family of teachers!)
- Up-to-date resume
- Two recent and supervisory references
- Personalized cover letter that addresses the question ' What does it mean to you to BE GREAT as a leader?'
We bring new perspectives and tech-driven, human-enabled solutions. We are small, we are nimble, we understand urgency, we get technology, we value diversity, and we have heart. When you step foot into our offices, you’ll feel and see an energy that is a unique blend of heart, creativity, fun, mission-centric and living every day based on our core values.
Perks of working at Scoot:
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture where our core values drive our behaviors
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Incentive programs for exceeding expectations
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs
- Flexible work schedule, both hours and location
- Awesome collaborative workspace
Our “BE GREAT” values are: Belief, Exceptional, Growth, Relationships, Empower, Attitude, Team.
We’ve identified the need for quality educators to always be present and available in the classroom--globally!