Excellent! Read on...We’ve been looking for you!
We're searching for a nurturing and dynamic educator to assistant teach K-8th science for the 2018-2019 school year. The position is at a private grade school that serves gift students in Los Angeles (Bel-Air area).
THE RIGHT TEACHER IS….
The right educator is excited to be a teacher in training and involved in an educational endeavor similar to a teacher credentialing program or an advanced degree in further their professional growth.
The Science Assistant Teacher creates a flexible and dynamic elementary classroom environment and program favorable to learning and personal growth for highly gifted children.
They establish effective rapport with students, parents, and colleagues; nurture passions and talents of students; develop each child’s skills, attitudes and knowledge needed in a strong foundation for elementary grade education in accordance with each student’s ability; collaborate
and partner with colleagues and administration to build, assess, and integrate curriculum across disciplines; foster student success and well-being beyond their classroom.
THE SCHOOL IS...
The school serves approximately 330 students in grades K-8 and strives to collaboratively support a unique population of highly gifted learners to ensure that they cultivate students boundless potential, nurture their passions and talents, and develop a diverse community of creative and constructive lifelong learners.
Thirty-five percent of students identify as students of color and the student population comes from over 59 different zip codes in Los Angeles.
The school seeks educators who are passionately committed to their work and come from varied educational backgrounds with outstanding training and experience in gifted education. They are interested in providing educators a diverse and stimulating environment where teachers can build a successful career in education.
The school offers a rich benefits package to full time employees that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may also participate in the 403(b) retirement plan. The school also offers professional development opportunities.
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This is a full time position, 7:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. with occasional additional hours as needed and a half hour lunch. Tuesdays until until 4:30 for faculty meetings. Compensation is $15.00/hour plus benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with children of various ages
- Background or experience and passion for Science
- A natural rapport with children
- Technologically literate and comfortable with acquiring new technology skills
- Ability to work directly with an assigned Lead Teacher who will serve as a mentor on utilizing instructional best practices, methods, materials and technology
- Ability to build immediate and loving rapport with children of all ages; including a passion for teaching and working with students from all communities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the school
- A sense of humor and commitment, high ethical professional standards, equity perspective