Join a community that values collegiality, espouses the highest standards, and provides mutual support and collaboration by using the school's mission to design and support the academic, extracurricular, social, and emotional success of students.
As a science teacher, you will:
- Teach 4 - 5 sections of science, to include: biology, chemistry, physics, and/or environmental science.
- Cultivate strong relationships with their students in a culturally responsive manner: communicate effectively with diverse populations, create an inclusive classroom, use multicultural teaching methods, materials and resources that reflect multiple perspectives.
- Use strong pedagogical skills and depth of content expertise to design meaningful learning
- Prepare course materials, working from existing curricular frameworks, texts, and assessments. Teach academic skills such as writing, organization, critical thinking, and critical reading.
- Willing to participate in at least one additional aspect of the school's extracurricular life for at least one semester (sports, club, performing arts, teaching a middle school elective, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable in new trends and developments within science education and pursue professional development opportunities to maintain and grow expertise in the subject matter.
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or related field of study.
- A master's degree in secondary education or California teaching credential (preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years' teaching experience at the middle/high school level, a deep knowledge of the subject matter, and familiarity with student-centered approaches to teaching.
- The ability to teach different science subjects and a willingness to shift subjects from year to year depending on the needs of the department and the school.
- Experience designing and implementing a challenging, engaging, hands-on curriculum.
- A desire to work in a creative, collaborative, innovative environment.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- A competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
- Retirement Plan options
- Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community committed to sustaining a school that is uniquely grounded in history and tradition while embracing discovery and innovation!
Have you heard of Scoot?
We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers find their dream job--for free! Top-ranked schools across Los Angeles partner with Scoot to find the best educators because of the individualistic and attentive approach we take with educators.
With 100% confidentiality, we walk you through the entire application process from submitting your resume to negotiating the best offer! Who knew finding your next teaching job could be so easy?