Scoot Education is seeking an Office & HR Ninja to join our happy and diverse team to help with a varied set of responsibilities related to HR administration, compliance, payroll, and office management.
Our ideal candidate:
- Will have had basic HR compliance training and/or certification(s) - particularly in the field of managing variable hour employees
- Has experience managing correspondence with the State of California Employment Development Department and other government agencies
- Understands the basics of employee compliance forms (e.g., completing i9 forms)
- Is process-oriented and has an excellent attention to detail so can be trusted with critical compliance checks before new hire employment
- Has basic experience managing and running simple payrolls via an easy to use software system
- Enjoys taking on general office management and social planning responsibilities
- Can be the face of Scoot Education when greeting visitors to our office and answering phone calls
- Is super (seriously) comfortable with MS Office, Mac computers, HR platforms, payroll platforms, Google GSuite, and modern technology in general
- Bonus point to stand out: Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Reports to the United States CEO but supports all Scoot team members
- Role is based in Culver City, Los Angeles
- 30 hours (in office) per week spread across Monday to Friday
- Pay rate is $23 per hour
- Negotiable start/end time each day
- Package includes health benefits, unlimited PTO, 401K
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Book Club--because we believe in being constant lifelong learners with growth mindsets
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs and more!
At Scoot Education, we place exceptional people in educational settings. We invest in teachers looking for substitute or full-time teaching positions and connect them with stellar independent, charter, private, and religiously-affiliated schools across California.
Scoot Education is a privately-funded, rapidly growing startup. Our parent company, anzuk Education, got its start in 2004 and now has offices in Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Canada.