Scoot Education is a startup educational staffing company obsessed with getting stellar teachers into classrooms. We meticulously connect substitute and permanent teachers to schools in California to create exceptional experiences in education.
We bring new perspectives and new tech-driven solutions. We are small, we are nimble, we understand urgency, we get technology, we value diversity, and we have heart. When you step foot into our offices, you’ll feel and see an energy that is a unique blend of heart, creativity, fun, and mission-centric (you might also see some dogs & taco trucks on your way in).
If you have what it takes, you’ll join a team of passionate, solutions-driven, work-hard-play-hard professionals and a fast-growing company. The atmosphere here is intensely purposeful, focused on developing meaningful relationships, and on striving to “BE GREAT”.
Our Senior Consultant's core mission is leading a team while being responsible for growing the business into new regions and/or the management of a key client account.
Senior Consultants have goals connected to the candidate hiring process, developing strong relationships with both candidates and school partners, mentoring staff to have a knack for matching candidates with classrooms, and providing service that always exceeds expectations.
The Senior Consultant must have strong comfort and adaptability in using technology, an understanding of the education sector, and phenomenal people skills to aid in building an incredible group of candidates and school partners.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Educator recruitment: Meet goals associated with building an outstanding pipeline of educators. Including assessing candidates through online searches, reference/background checks, and interviews according to requirements and strict standards of quality
- Educator management: Create and own professional relationships with educators to support achievement of their career objectives
- Vacancy management: Working early mornings to schedule qualified, stellar educators into classroom vacancies
- Relationship management: Responsible for independently providing personalized service and developing meaningful relationships with key team members at partner schools
- New business: Significant new business development goals to grow Soot by building authentic school relationships
- College degree and 4+years in recruitment, customer service, and/or sales
- Demonstrated history of growing a business into new regions
- History of successfully creating and managing key client accounts independently
- Education market knowledge and experience
- Exceptional IT and administrative skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Growth mindset and drive to succeed
- You've led and managed a team previously
- Can demonstrate examples of growing a business unit
- Be part of an organization committed to education
- Startup culture
- Small team means your ideas & opinions matter
- Provision of medical, vision, dental insurance
- Generous PTO (our founders are Australian :) Those guys get it!)
- Book Club--because we believe in being constant lifelong learners with growth mindsets
- Modern office: think standing desks and Macs
- Awesome collaborative workspace so lots of social events
- A kitchen stocked with fancy water, unlimited coffee (yes, we have almond milk) and beer on tap
Scoot Education is a privately-funded, quickly growing startup. Our parent company, anzuk Education, got its start in 2004 in Australia, the United Kingdom and Canada.
We’ve identified the need for quality teachers to always be present and available in the classroom--globally!