Full-time middle school Special Education Teacher needed for charter school in South Bay starting fall 2019
Does environmental sustainability excite you? Do you enjoy project-based learning? Do you understand or are you open to learning about how to use restorative justice in the classroom?
Ideal candidates will:
- Use data to evaluate special education programming and to drive recommendations for structural, systemic and/or programmatic changes.
- Lead the planning and implementation of special education initiatives.
- Integrate new developments, research findings, and best practices into ongoing programs and new initiatives.
- Ensure compliance by the schools with all local, state and federal laws and regulations relating to students with IEPs and students referred to special education.
- Oversee IEP case management and support the implementation of IEPs in inclusive, self contained and pullout settings.
- Lead training and provide technical assistance to case managers, teachers, related service providers and support service professionals on both instructional and compliance best practices.
- California Education Specialist Instruction Credential, Level I, II, III
- Minimum Education - Bachelor’s Degree and certification in Special Education
- Preferred Education - Master’s Degree in Special Education and certification in Special Education
- Minimum Experience - 1 to 2 years of successful classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting as a special education teacher
- Preferred Experience - 2 or more years of successful classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting as a special education teacher
Salary Range: $46-73k (DOE)
Position Type: Full-time with benefits