Want better pay and more work? Want to be rewarded for your loyalty as a substitute teacher? Tired of not having taxes withdrawn from paychecks?
Scoot Education is hiring exceptional substitute teachers across Los Angeles to work with K-12th students at private, public and charter schools. Yes, COVID-19’s impact has led to school closures all over California, but the search for stellar subs continues!
Like everyone, we’re hoping that schools re-open in as soon as possible for in-person instruction. As announced by Governor Newsom, students with special needs have been the first to return to campus over the past few weeks. These students needs qualified and experienced educators to support them and their learning.
We've also experienced significant demand for virtual substitutes, particularly for long-term roles.
- have a background in and/or passion for special education
- value learning above all else
- put students first and celebrate their success
- possess a growth mindset and empathetic nature
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- prioritize training & development of our substitutes
- talk to our educators daily because we care about them
- listen to your needs + preferences before matching you with assignments
- put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
- Reliable, punctual, and professional
- Builds relationships with students, staff and school community
- Brings a high level of competency, common sense, and fun
- Flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
- Continuously reflects & seeks feedback to become a better educator
- Take a recent TB Risk Assessment
- Take a Live Scan fingerprinting
- Have a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
Scoot pays the highest rates among substitute providers in Los Angeles! Your daily pay rate varies based on your credentials and the assignment.
We’re proud to pay subs the following rates for day-to-day assignments:
- CA SpEd credentialed teachers = $225-273 a day
- CA credentialed teachers = $160-200 a day
- 30 Day Permit teachers = $150-180 a day
- Non-credentialed educators = $130-165 a day
Why you’ll enjoy working with Scoot:
- Join a team of elite substitute educators
- Direct deposits weekly
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Paid training to prepare you for the classroom ---ask us about ScootCamp!
- Invitations to happy hours + social events
People are our entire reason for being. We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers--for free!
We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. We’re local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Our “BE GREAT” values are: Belief, Exceptional, Growth, Relationships, Empower, Attitude, Team.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply: www.scoot.education/jobs/substitute
Keywords:Kinder, Early Years, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, West LA, Venice, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Central LA, Koreatown, Hollywood, Mid-Wilshire, Mid-City, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Los Feliz, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Calabasas, Topanga, San Fernando Valley, Granada Hills, Panorama City, Canoga Park, Reseda, Van Nuys, Northridge, Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, North Hollywood, Studio City, Glendale,Burbank, Pasadena, Arcadia, Baldwin Park, Covina, Pomona, San Gabriel, East LA, Montebello, Whittier, Downey, Norwalk, Lakewood, South LA, Compton, Huntington Park, Leimert Park, Inglewood, South Bay, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Carson, Long Beach, Orange County, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, Harbor City