We're seeking dynamic, passionate, and empathetic individuals to substitute teach in Los Angeles area schools.
There's a teacher shortage in California, and we're aiming to solve that problem by empowering non-traditional professionals to step into the classroom and provide a day of continuous learning.
As a parent, you're well-versed in children and have the personality necessary to provide students a fun and meaningful day of learning!
Being a substitute teacher means you can contribute financially to your household while still maintaining a flexible schedule and upholding your Mommy or Daddy duties!
If you're eager to make a difference in your community, consider becoming a substitute teacher with Scoot. We'll guide you through the process and get you working in schools by fall 2018!
At Scoot, our substitute teachers believes in the value of an exceptional education.
No movie days in the classrooms served by us!
Our substitute teachers brings a high level of competency, aptitude for common sense, and professional attitude to the classroom.
They understand the complexities associated with filling in for the day and take great pride in providing a consistent, valuable day of learning when the regular teacher is away.
They are professional (especially in high-stress situations), reliable, flexible, and eager to quickly build rapport with students, staff, and the school community.
Above all, our substitute teachers understand that they are an extension of Scoot and strive to represent Scoot with the utmost integrity knowing they are part of an elite group of educators.
- Experience teaching, tutoring, babysitting/nannying, coaching or as a camp counselor
- Empathy, integrity, and professionalism
- Capacity to lead in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Sense of humor and an authentic passion for teaching
- Interest in providing students in Los Angeles a fun and meaningful day of learning
- Live in any of the following areas (Downtown, Koreatown, Compton, Gardena, Bel Air, Sherman Oaks, Beverly Hills)
- A Bachelor's degree
- A simple and easy application process
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Competitive pay, direct deposited every week
- Opportunity for Scoot to reimburse application expenses
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Access to professional development to help you develop your teaching skills
- You will be an official employee of Scoot and benefit from the perks associated
- We are small, local, and understand our partner schools
- We get technology and have our very own easy-to-use, real-time software
- We have heart and strive to build partnerships with schools and educators
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
People are our entire reason for being. If you have what it takes, you will become an extension of our passionate, solutions-driven, dynamic team truly helping us create exceptional experiences in education.
You will be partnering with individuals who care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Growth Relationships Empower Attitude Team
Visit www.scoot.education or apply via this job board.