Scoot partner schools across the Bay Area are reopening for in-person learning, with more and more doing the same over the course of April. Demand for substitute teachers is expected to be higher post-COVID than ever before. As a result, guaranteed work will be available - five days a week - for quality educators working in-person.
Scoot is actively engaging with our partner schools to put together 'sub bubbles' to support them as they transition back to in-person learning. This means you can have the opportunity to obtain guaranteed work at the same school(s), limit your exposure and have consistency in where you're teaching.
Get on-boarded with Scoot so you can start teaching and working as soon as possible. This can all be done virtually from the comfort of your home - why wait?!
- have a background in and/or passion for education
- value learning above all else
- put students first and celebrate their success
- possess a growth mindset and empathetic nature
- are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- prioritize training & development of our substitutes
- talk to our educators daily because we care about them
- listen to your needs + preferences before matching you with assignments
- put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
- Reliable, punctual, and professional
- Builds relationships with students, staff and school community
- Brings a high level of competency, common sense, and fun
- Flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
- Continuously reflects & seeks feedback to become a better educator
- Take a TB Risk Assessment & Live Scan (We'll cover the cost of this!)
- Have a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
Scoot pays the highest rates among substitute providers in Los Angeles! Your daily pay rate varies based on your credentials and the assignment.
We’re proud to pay subs the following rates for day-to-day assignments:
- CA credentialed teachers = up to $200 a day
- 30 Day Permit teachers = up to $180 a day
- Non-credentialed educators = up to $165 a day
Why you’ll enjoy working with Scoot:
- Join a team of elite substitute educators
- Direct deposits weekly
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Paid training to prepare you for the classroom ---ask us about ScootCamp!
- Invitations to happy hours + social events
People are our entire reason for being. We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers--for free!
We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. We’re local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Our “BE GREAT” values are: Belief, Exceptional, Growth, Relationships, Empower, Attitude, Team.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Apply: www.scoot.education/jobs/substitute
Keywords: Kinder, Early Years, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, Instructional Assistant, Campus Aide, Yard Supervisor, Math, Science, STEM, English, ELA, History, Social Studies, PE, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Theatre Studies, San Francisco, Richmond District, Parkside, Noe Valley, Mission District, Japantown, Cow Hollow, Mission Bay, Financial District, Village Square, Balboa Park, Hunters Point, The Castro